Monday, October 31, 2011

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

Happy Halloween everyone!!!

Here's to a celebratory post in honor of the ghoulish holiday!

So as you all know in my earlier posts, I wanted to make some really special and festive cupcakes for Halloween.  I really like getting into the holidays, so I tried to make this one REALLY fun!

I finally made a decision on which cupcakes to make for the occasion and they turned out to be the Jack Skellington cupcakes.  I started with a fairly simple semi-homemade recipe for my favorite cupcakes: Chocolate Velvet.  It's a recipe that I found months ago on the Betty Crocker website, and I just can not stop making them!  They are so moist, and chocolatey and delicious that everytime I make them, I can't stop eating them! (Bad habit, I know.)

The recipe starts out with a box of Betty Crocker Devil's Food cake mix that I got at Wal-Mart.


Once all of your ingredients are in (except the chocolate chips) mix them together on high.  It should look like this...


Next mix in the chocolate chips.  Make sure to stir them in not beat them in with the mixer.  I used Hershey's Semi-sweet Chocolate chips, available at Wal-Mart or any other grocer:




Divide them [as] evenly [as you can get them] into the baking cups:



Now bake...and wait...

and wait....

and wait........

but only for 24 mins though!

Ready..... DONE!


Now for the frosting...

The frosting is a homemade white chocolate frosting.  I found the recipe on Cook's.com  I added way more powdered sugar than the recipe called for (approx. 24 oz. instead of 1 cup) because the frosting kept tasting too buttery and wouldn't stiffen or fluff up.  I found the Baker's chocolate on sale at Wal-Mart and it comes in 6-1 oz. blocks so it was perfect for the recipe (I really don't like left over ingredients).

It comes in little squares and you need to chop it up for this recipe.


Then frost the cupcakes:
Pre-face:

Face added!



YUMMY IN THE TUMMY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment