Sunday, October 9, 2011

Semi-Homemade Living

I'm a semi-homemade diva! I mean, I like making things from scratch, but semi-homemade is my go-to in my diva to domestic transition thanks to Sandra Lee.

I began watching Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee about 3 or 4 years ago when I wanted to make something special for my husband (then boyfriend), but I didn't want to kill him! Lol!  So I took a few cues from Sandra Lee.  Well, it turned out horribly!  Needless to say, I didn't serve it to him!  Nope, it went to file 13 (that's the garbage for those of you that don't know)!

So then I went to Betty Crocker and decided that I love cupcakes and I wanted to try to put my own spin on them.  Betty Crocker has tons of recipes that can become your own!

Today though I was being a little lazy and wanted something quick.  I had a hankering for chocolate that just wouldn't go away and since my husband is a junk food junkie, it was only fitting that I made some brownies!  Not just any brownies though...Pillsbury Cheesecake Swirl Brownies that we got at Wal-Mart.


There was a recipe on the back of the box for Almond brownies that I wanted to make but I didn't have almonds or chocolate chips and if you remember from earlier, I was being lazy today.  So going to the store was NOT an option!


So I decided just to make the brownies in the cupcake baking cups for a lot less clean-up (again cause I was being lazy.) ;-)






They turned out amazing! My hubby likes them, and best of all I wiped out that cupcake pan and chilled out!

What's your favorite semi-homemade recipe?

1 comment:

  1. Lol this is sooooo cute. Lol can't wait to read the next one

    ReplyDelete