Thursday, November 10, 2011

Another DIVA post!! (Step-by-Step to my favorite 30 min self-manicure)

As I mentioned in my first post, I love all things fashion related!  I love hair and make-up and clothes and shoes and everything that makes you feel pretty!

I was feeling funky this go around so I decided to mix it up a little.

I used some Sinful Colors again that I got at Walgreens along with some of my favorite O.P.I. products.  I like the Sinful Colors because they are cheap and are O.P.I. quality.


SO LET'S HOP IN!



So first you need to take of any existing polish and wash your hands.  Next, shape and file the nails and use a cuticle oil around the backs of your nail beds to nourish them.  I like AVOPLEX by O.P.I.



Then apply a layer of OPI Chip Skip.  I LIVE by this stuff! It really helps the longevity of my manicures.



Next, use a nail hardener before the base coat.  My favorite nail hardener is OPI Original Nail Envy.  It really helped when I was transitioning my nails from gel and acrylic overlays to natural nails.  I usually use 2 coats if I'm wearing it alone.



Next you're going to need a base coat.  Any base coat will do.  I like CND Stickey but for this manicure I just used a basic beauty supply store base coat since it was the first thing I could get my hands on.  It's actually a top coat too so it will save me some time later! ;-)








Now for some COLOR!!


Using my beloved Sinful Colors, I decided to hop on into fall with a taupeish color called Nirvana.  It rivals OPI's You Don't Know Jacques.





Next, I wanted to funk it up a bit so I decided to do somewhat of a leopard print design.  Anyone who knows me, knows that leopard print is my weakness! <3

I used a lime green as the base for the leopard print.  This color is Innocent by Sinful Colors.  It also has an O.P.I. rival, Who the Shrek Are You?





Then, I used a darker color to outline.  You can use whatever darker color you prefer, but I used Ski Teal We Drop by OPI.





**Drumroll please!**

The finished product!




Seal with a top coat and enjoy showing off your new manicure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment