Wednesday, November 30, 2011

DIY post... Cause I'm bored!

     Sooooo I was sitting at work around 4:30 a.m., completely bored out of my mind! I had to find something to keep my mind jumping back and forth so I can stay up until 7:15 (a.m. that is) but I was completely unsure of what!!!

     So I decided to surf a few DIY/Crafty blogs... at first I wasn't really interested because I didn't know what I was looking to create. But after surfing Pinterest for about an hour, I found something completely interesting.

     I love scarves and always have.  But this new interesting scarf that I can't wrap my head around is this infinity scarf! I mean, I absolutely LOVE IT! Whoever thought of it is GENIUS! I bought one from Old Navy this past weekend during their Black Friday sale and was talking about them to one of my church member when I mentioned to her that I had run across a blog (My World Made by Hand) that featured the "No Sew Infinity Scarf" made from a t-shirt!


     Well I sent the link to her so she and her girls could have a blast making them and thought, "Why don't I just get a little more in depth with this thing."

     So I surfed more and discovered, there are TONS of people who have their own variation of this "no sew" infinity scarf! Over at the CAFBlog (I can't write the whole name cause my mom reads my blog! lol) she put an spin on it by cutting the shirt in strips and then weaving them together with another piece of fabric.


     At Harmonic Mama, she did a quick and dirty and her scarf still came out simple and gorgeous in 5 minutes! Way to accessorize on the way out the door!!!


     I can't wait to try my hand at these super simple and super easy infinity scarves...who know, maybe theyre will be a few Christmas presents out of it! http://harmonicmama.com/2011/10/super-simple-5-minute-no-sew-infinity-scarf/

No comments:

Post a Comment