Saturday, November 26, 2011

Giving Thanks...a few days late!

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!

I must say, I think I was worrying for no reason!  I was under a lot of pressure for this Thanksgiving dinner to go off without a hitch.

I was originally making a peach cobbler, hanging out at my mom's house and then going to visit my in-laws all before going Black Friday shopping with my sister.  About 3 days ago, though, I found out I was making a full Thanksgiving dinner, with all the trimmings and hosting dinner at my house!  Well with a little encouragement from my sweet husband and a little assistance from my mom, I pulled off MY FIRST THANKSGIVING DINNER!! =)

My menu for Thanksgiving:
Turkey



Dressing


Mac n Cheese


Yams


Green Beans


Corn


and Peach Cobbler



Looks good right?! AND there were NO ER casualties! 

But what felt the best is how proud of me my mom was and the praises I got from my husband.

Not to be cliche, I would like to list the things that I am thankful for:

1. I am thankful for my faith, because without it, I have no idea where I'd be.
2. I am thankful for my mother, because without her, I have no idea who I'd be.
3. I am thankful for my husband, because without his love, I have no idea what kind of person I would've become.
4. I am thankful for my family.
5. I am thankful for wonderful friends.
6. I am thankful for a roof over my head.
7. I am thankful for transportation.
8. I am thankful for employment.
9. I am thankful for my supporters.

I am just simply thankful.

In the meantime, I think I'll pat myself on the back for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment